We are a premier fabricator of trade show exhibits currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated Cabinet Maker, able to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping quality and attention to detail as the top priority.
As a Carpenter with NWD, you will be involved in the fabrication of trade show and special event displays. Your skills will be welcomed in an environment that is defined by high quality standards and unique fabrication challenges. In addition to working in a state of the art fabrication facility, carpenters who enjoy travel will have the option to be selected to qualify for short duration trips to various domestic locations to supervise the installation and dismantle of show displays. We are looking for carpenters who are looking for a career and to be part of our family.
- Plans and executes project construction and assembly methods by studying work orders and maintaining close communication with General Manager and Shop Manager
- Verifies dimensions and checks quality and fit of pieces and confers with Shop Manager to ensure adherence to project specifications
- Operates hand woodworking tools
- Prepares projects for finishing by reinforcing joints, trimming, scraping, sanding and applies final touch ups to projects
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and needs
- Accepts ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to the organization
- Offer guidance to less experienced builders
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of math and measurements.
- Experience in Finish Carpentry, Cabinetry or trade show industry.
- Must have dedication and pride in your work to maintain high quality standards
- Proficient with all shop equipment and practices: table saws, panel saws, routers, laminating, etc.
- Metal fabrication and welding skills are a plus.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, blueprints, shop drawings, and diagrams
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and complete jobs with demanding deadlines while keeping great attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; confidence to work independently and with a team, in support of project goals and objectives
- High energy level required with the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Open to potential for travel to supervise installation of displays at domestic and international show sites.
- Available to work overtime and weekends if needed
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 75 pounds
- Full time
- 8:00am-4:45pm, Monday-Friday, overtime as needed
- Commensurate with experience
- 401k w/company match
- Medical/Dental plans
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Holiday Party
Applications are considered based on skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.
Email resume to: email@example.comBack to all blogs